Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's all about the Tomato right now!

About a week ago I got a membership to my local Restaurant Depot.  I must say, few things have made me happier!  This weekend was I was buying my 20 lbs of chicken wings and fantail shrimp for frying, I stumbled across a GIGANTIC can of tomato paste.  Not just regular gigantic, 6 lbs, 15 oz's of gigantic.  Immediately I removed the gigantic can of ketchup and all of the pasta sauce from my cart.

At home with my 6 lbs beauty I made a gigantic pot of homemade pasta sauce.  Canned it in my own Ball Jars and stocked my pantry.  I also made a huge batch of homemade ketchup - the recipe is somewhere on this blog.  I'll post the link.

At home I remembered that I still have LOTS of tomatoes from my garden.  Many of them are still green.  Once they ripen I have decided to try my hand at making homemade tomato paste.



I've never made my own tomato paste.  There are a few recipes online that I'd like to try.  Truth be told I'll probably just read what other people have tried and do my own thing.  That's usually the way I go with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment