Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fresh Fruit Pops!



I know that farmer's markets are just about done now, but I recently made a great discovery that I just have to share.

First of all, i'm thrifty.  The only thing that makes me happier than a good deal is a good idea.  This is both.

A few weeks back I discovered an indoor farmers market in my area.  The deal with this place is that they take fresh fruit that has just a little bit of shelf life left.  So i'm able to buy ripe fresh fruit at deep discounts.  This week I bought berries.  The berries were ripe and ready to be used.  The problem is that I didn't have enough uses for the amount of berries that I had.  SO - I made mini fruit pops!

I placed all the berries in my blender with a bit of pineapple juice.  I processed until smooth.

Next I poured the fruit puree into an ice TUBE tray.  I got this one at Walmart for about $5.  It's the kind of ice tray used to make ice for water bottles.

I put a craft stick in each tube of juice and froze it for a few hours.  Voila!  Fruit pop!  They're all natural and WAY cheaper than buying the grocery store version. 

No comments:

Post a Comment