Thursday, October 6, 2011

More adventures in smoothie's


This morning - Crazy Easy Mango Smoothie

I've been trying to find a smoothie that's easy, healthy and doesn't require a lot of ingriedients or measuring.  This morning I blended frozen mango and pineapple juice.  Voila - smoothie!

It was creamy and delicious and took just seconds to make. 

I'm been watching The Chew on ABC and Daphne Oz says that I her parents always added vitamins to their morning smoothie.  So, I added 1/8 teaspoon of Ester C (I bought the tablets and ground them in my coffee grinder) and 1 teaspoon of psillium husks (for added fiber). 

I used my ice tube tray from yesterday to freeze the left overs into popsicle's for after school.  Stealth health AND a frozen treat.  You can't go wrong with that!

In case you missed it, here's the recipe again

Crazy Easy Fruit Smoothie

1 handful of frozen fruit
3/4 cup (or so) of fresh juice

Blend until smooth.

Optional Add ins:
1 Ester C tablet  (or 1/8 t. ground ester C)
1 teaspoon of psillium husks

No comments:

Post a Comment