Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fried Spaghetti - a GREAT way to get rid of left overs


When I was a kid my mom used to make fried spaghetti from time to time. She used bacon grease and it was greasy, spicy and wonderful! I like the idea of this quick treat but it needed a bit of a re-do.

Listed below is the recipe that I made from my family last night. This is a quick and easy version and I didn't really measure anything. I used the leftovers that I had on hand.

In a large skillet I heated olive oil, sliced onions, thinly sliced carrots and red peppers. To get the carrots nice and even, I used a veggie peeler and sliced them lengthwise.

Once the veggies were tender I added fresh garlic, cooked (drained) spaghetti, chili powder -you could also use crushed red pepper flake (to taste) and ketchup. Sometimes I used left over jar pasta sauce. Don't add too much ketchup. Just enough to thinly coat the pasta.

I toss everything around in the pan until it is evenly heated and serve.

That's it!

The ketchup cooked into a slightly sticky, sweet and spicy sauce. My youngest ate 3 plates!

Hey it just occured to me that you could easily do this is a wok! I used an iron skillet and it worked out just fine!

No comments:

Post a Comment